I’m sure you have seen this going around, it has ~20k notes now.I’m posting because that post is still getting notes and its pissing me off:
Guys, this story is fake.
Some of this I wrote on the OP I reblogged:
- There are only two websites that are not message boards or tumblr that contain this story, including the names of either the victim or the perpetrator.
- Neither websites are legitimate news sites. For the article, one has a publication date of November 15, 2012. The other has a publication date of May 29, 2013. Odd, right?
- The website it was originally published on supports abolishing child support. It does not actually care about male rape victims, it cares about stopping men from being required to pay child support. Thats it. Its MRA propaganda.
- The other website thats been linked, livewire review, has exactly three articles on it. This is one of them. The ending line that the OP doesn’t show contains the above highlighted bit.
- Additionally, legitimate news organizations generally do not release the names of sexual assault victims unless they come forward themselves, and never if they are minors.
- The original tumblr poster removed their post
Please do your research before you post or reblog something like this, jfc
Now, it is based off of a similar case in 1996 where this did happen. Please check out that link if you are curious about the real story.
But keep in mind: This was 1996. It was only 2 years after the state of California passed a law that even included male minors as statutory rape victims. Prior to that it didn’t actually exist as a crime.
Victims rights are still shitty, but we actually have come a ways since the 1990s in advocacy. Hopefully this would not still happen today.
And to give you another example of how fucked our rape laws were,
Until 1993, there were still states within the USA where you could rape your wife and it was not a crime.
Please reblog to get the word out and stop that lie of article from spreading further
Couple wearing Songket of Aesan Gede, Palembang, South Sumatra, Indonesia
Aesan Gede is traditional wedding costumes of Palembang, South Sumatra, Indonesia. It employs songket fabrics with silver and golden threads, also golden jewelries. This rich and luxurious costumes displays the grandeur of Srivijaya empire.
TIMELESS. The Final and Approved Picture: APSARA in NEW YORK Time Square!
One moment recreated across generations: the traditions of Cambodian dance have survived centuries of changing landscapes, as demonstrated in these magnificent photos of the Royal Ballet in 1971 and 2013 in the ever-changing Times Square NYC. The Royal Ballet of Cambodia is finally in NYC again. In honor of their return, we would like to share these captivating photos with you!
PHOTO CREDIT: Pete Pin / Season of Cambodia